Stacks Image 22
Stacks Image 54
Stacks Image 46
Stacks Image 43
Stacks Image 48
Stacks Image 52
Stacks Image 50
Stacks Image 56
Stacks Image 58
Stacks Image 62
Stacks Image 64

Call for Artists:

We are pleased to announce the Summerville Art Festival, an annual celebration of art, culture, and community that showcases a diverse range of talented artists from across the country. The festival will take place in the beautiful community of Summerville, NB. We are now accepting submissions from artists who are interested in participating.

The Summerville Art Festival is open to all artists who work in a variety of mediums, such as oil, acrylic, watercolour, photography, printmaking, textiles, sculpture, mixed media, pottery, and more. The festival is designed to showcase both established and emerging artists, so artists of all levels of experience are welcome to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive festival that celebrates the rich variety of artistic expression. Please note that all submissions will be reviewed by the festival organizers, who are seeking a broad range of artistic styles and mediums in order to ensure an engaging and captivating show.

To apply, please submit the following materials:
  • Two or three images of your work in JPEG format, each with a maximum size of 2MB. Please ensure that the images you submit represent the work you plan to exhibit at the festival. For each image, include the title, medium, and dimensions.
  • A brief artist statement with a maximum of 250 words.
  • A brief bio with a maximum of 500 words.
  • Your contact information, including your name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.

All submissions must be sent via email to Please include "Artist Submission" in the subject line.

Festival organizers will review all submissions and all artists will be contacted to inform them of the results of the selection committee. If you are selected to participate, you will receive additional information about the festival, including details about setup, and other important logistics. We look forward to receiving your submissions and celebrating the arts with you at the Summerville Art Festival.

As an artist participating in the festival, you can expect the following benefits:
  • You will receive 80% of the total proceeds from the sale of your artwork, while the remaining 20% will be retained to help cover the cost of the festival. A small fee of $125 is required to participate in the festival, which will be applied towards the 20%.
  • Your work will be promoted through an extensive social media and marketing campaign, showcasing the festival and its featured artists.
  • You will be provided with a unique exhibit space to showcase your artwork. Ideally, your art will be presented al fresco in the gardens with a stunning view of the Kennebecasis River. In case of inclement weather, a covered space will be arranged.
  • A festival volunteer will assist you with exhibition setup and tear-down.
  • Your profile and images of your work will be featured on the Festival website year-round, providing ongoing exposure for your art.
We hope these benefits will contribute to a successful and rewarding festival experience for all participating artists.

As an artist participating in the festival, please be aware of the following responsibilities on the festival day:
  • Your festival exhibit must include between 10 and 15 pieces of original and current artwork. If you are displaying pottery or sculptures, a higher number of pieces may be permitted.
  • You must commit to being present for the full duration of the festival and be available the following day in case of a rain-date.
  • We encourage each artist to include one or two smaller works in the exhibit to accommodate a range of purchasing budgets.
  • You will be assigned a location, and it is your responsibility to set up and tear down your exhibit, with the help of festival volunteers.
  • Please bring easels or other approved display devices and packing materials for the transfer of the art to buyers. If you are traveling to NB for the show, organizers will do their best to provide you with display devices.
  • You must provide an all-inclusive price list, which should include HST if you collect it.
  • For visual artists, your artwork must be priced for the show at a minimum of $0.80 cents/per square inch
  • We strongly advise you to secure adequate insurance coverage to protect your exhibit materials from damage or theft.
  • Reproductions and mass-produced items are not permitted at the festival.

Once we notify you about your participation in the festival, we will provide you with detailed instructions and specifications to ensure your successful participation.

* Note that, by being accepted into the show, you agree that you are giving Summerville Art Festival permission to use your images to market and promote the show.

Please contact Cindy Scott
at 506-799-1416 or email